UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA, HATFIELD CAMPUS, 04 DECEMBER 2018
South Africa, through the Department of Science and Technology (DST) will be hosting the International Partnership for Hydrogen and Fuel Cells in the Economy (IPHE) Steering Committee Meeting and related events in Pretoria, from 4 to 7 December 2018. The IPHE comprises of 19 member countries, including the European Commission that are dedicated to the development, promotion and integration of hydrogen fuel cells in the global economy. South Africa became a member of the IPHE Steering Committee (SC) in 2009 and hosted the IPHE SC meeting in 2012. IPHE is an international inter-governmental partnership with an objective to facilitate and accelerate the transition to clean and efficient energy and mobility systems using hydrogen and fuel cell technologies across applications and sectors (https://www.iphe.net/).
The DST would therefore like to invite your institution to participate in the Universities and Research Institutions Outreach IPHE Event, titled the “Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Research and Development (R&D) Status and Future Opportunities, on 4 December 2018 at the University of Pretoria. The event will involve technical presentations from South Africa and IPHE member countries (e.g. United states of America, Japan, France, etc.), poster session and energy related exhibitions. The objectives of the meeting:
- To inform participants of latest developments and approaches in IPHE member countries on issues of specific interest to South Africa through presentations and discussion of research, development and innovation (RDI) aspects with leading researchers and broader university student community.
- To facilitate engagements between the IPHE delegates and local participants, with the aim of gaining insights on the key drivers pertaining to fuel cell RDI in South Africa, as well as providing opportunities for bilateral or multilateral collaboration with institutions in IPHE member countries.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS (POSTERS)
The DST would like to invite postgraduate students at Masters and PhD level in the fields of clean and renewable energy, more specifically in hydrogen and fuel cell technologies, to participate at the Universities and Research Institutions Outreach Event. Postgraduate students are also invited to submit abstract for the poster presentations, which will be on display during the event for the IPHE and local expert to view and adjudicate. A maximum of not more than ten (10) postgraduate students from each institution will be assisted with travel arrangements, where necessary, to attend the event on the 4 December 2018. For more information on the event, kindly visit: http://www.hysa-padep.co.za/30th-steering-committee-meeting/
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: MONDAY, 26 NOVEMBER 2018
- Abstracts should be submitted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title of the abstract must be in CAPITAL LETTERS, and bolded, with no abbreviations (max 125 characters including spaces).
- Title must be followed by names of authors with credentials (maximum 3 credentials or degrees).
- Provide the affiliation(s) for each author (department, organization, and location, including postal codes).
- Indicate which author(s) will be presenting the abstract by UNDERLINING the name(s). Provide the email address for the presenting author(s).
- Abstract must be single spaced, Arial Font, size 11 and be a maximum of 350 words.
- Abstract must be formatted as per attached example: TITLE, Authors, Affiliation(s), Presenter(s) Email, Introduction, Rationale/Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
Abstracts will be reviewed according to 1) clarity, 2) scientific merit, 3) novelty of content, and 4) implications of research. The Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the 30th IPHE Steering Committee Meeting and Related Events will review submissions. Not all submissions for poster presentations will be selected and final decisions will rest with the LOC. Researchers will be notified by email regarding the status of their abstract by Wednesday, 28 November 2018.
- Students are responsible for their poster display, including production, setup, and takedown.
- Posters size should be A1 (594 mm x 841 mm)
- Setup will be between 09:00 and 11:00 and take down will be between 17:00 and 18:00.
- You will be expected to present an overview of your poster to the conference audience during the lunch and afternoon tea breaks. Creativity is encouraged to entice attendees to view your poster.